It has been an exciting and busy 2015 for all HANDS researchers.
- Appointment to Professor
Dr Cathy Treadaway has now been appointed Professor of Creativity and Cardiff Metropolitan University, Wales.
Professor Treadaway heads a team of researchers including Dr Gail Kenning as Co-investigator international, on a half a million pounds grant awarded by AHRC in UK for their project LAUGH (Ludic Artefacts Using Gesture and Haptics). The project which partners with University of Technology Sydney and Birmingham City University will work with designers, researchers and technologists to make artefacts to promote wellbeing and fun for persons with late-stage dementia.
- Design United Research Fellow
Dr Gail Kenning is a visiting fellow in Design at Eindhoven University, Netherlands where she has been working with members of the team of the Living Lab for Dementia and User Centred Experience designers
- Presentations and Publications
Gail and Cathy have published articles about their research in a number of publications, including
- Australian Journal for Dementia Care, UK Journal for Dementia Care;
- Textiles: Journal of Cloth and Culture
They have presented at conferences in relation to design, ageing and dementia at:
- Design and Emotion Conference, Bogota, Columbia
- 3rd International Conference on Design Creativity, Bangalore, India
- Art of Good Health and Wellbeing, Melbourne, Australia
- ‘Play Up’ Sydney, Australia